Taylor Shaw is delighted to be the catering provider at Daventry UTC, this revolutionary new school is a fantastic place to provide our catering services
We have been a well-respected provider of contract catering to the education sector since 1998 and are a food company whose reputation is built on using the finest quality ingredients, freshly prepared and cooked on site on a daily basis.
We are very excited to announce from February 23rd for a week we will be offering the following meal deals at a cut price of £1.50 (normal price £ 2.10) this is around the average cost to produce a balanced packed lunch. This will hopefully entice the students who usually bring a packed lunch and students entitled to a FSM who don’t take upon this to come and dine with us.
We have a young chef Jatin who is keen to know your feedback and to product an exciting offer to tantalise those taste buds.
The lunch time offer will include a choice of main course dishes, a pudding, a variety of vegetables; pasta option with two different fillings daily, wraps, sandwiches, stone based pizza, full baguettes, various tray bakes, potted fruit and a variety of desserts.
The key foundation of our innovative menu planning includes:
- The inclusion of fibre rich ingredients with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- The minimal use of fats, especially saturated fats and moderate use of dairy products
- Quick cooking of vegetables, minimising vitamin loss
- Use of herbs and spices
We also insist that our food produce is ‘Red Tractor’ certified, to be confident that all of our suppliers are committed to the same high standards of food safety and hygiene, animal welfare and environmental protection as we are.
So why should you opt for a school lunch? Here are some of the main reasons:
- It is a fantastic way to encourage your child to try new things
- Catering staff quickly learn what children like and adapt the menu choices when necessary
- Dietary needs and special requirements are recognised, understood and catered for
- It is the best way of ensuring children are attentive and in the best frame of mind to learn in afternoon lessons
Why is a cashless system good? Here are some reasons:
- Children can top up there account at any time
- The speed of service is quicker, enabling the child to spend more time socialising
- Queues times are less
- Children don’t have to carry money
- Free school meals will load onto the system automatically every day and only the cashier will know, this allows no one singling out the child
- Parents will be able to see what their child is eating on a day to day basis on request
Free School Meals
Is your child registered for free school meals but not taking them?
Did you know you could be missing out on what you are entitled to?
You can save up to £10 per week that’s around £300 per year.
We honestly do see food differently and look forward to you and your child seeing it differently too.